Operations Category Head/ Head of Operations
Competitive remuneration package
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Head of Operations is responsible for all end to end Operational deliverables taking new models from design stage through production launch, managing the production life of the product and then to any end of life actions. The role will be category specific (eg floorcare / handheld / non floorcare) and will report to the Manufacturing Director.
• To ensure that operational commitments and goals for the category are met and are to plan. (cost, quality, delivery).
• To provide strategic focus and leadership to ensure that manufacturing capabilities and capacities are available to support the build plan.
• To give specific focus to areas of new technology to ensure that Dyson has the required level of knowledge and equipments to support in production.
• To lead the teams to ensure that best manufacturing practice is being employed and to challenge the norm to find different and better solutions.
• To deliver strategies to ensure that we provide manufacturing solutions that are both flexible and cost effective in meeting customer demands.
• Provide leadership to the operations team and influence the broader SEA team to enable smooth, planned activity throughout the lifecycle of the product.
• Review launch strategies and provide operational solutions to meet the launch requirements at lowest cost and lowest risk, to include NPI dates and volume ramp plans.
• To control the direct labour work content for manufacturing the product to ensure that the most efficient methods are being used. To challenge current status and drive activities to reduce manufacturing cost.
• To align closely with RDD Category Head and Business Cat Leads to ensure delivery of business objectives – both short and long term.
• To develop, execute and measure operational cost down initiatives, using LEAN methodologies.
• To own the Capex to support new projects or capacity increases.
• To lead a team of Operations Managers to execute the day to day deliverables of each category as well as managing a small team of UK manufacturing engineers to ensure that early deliverable to support new projects are met.
• To lead a team of Operation Managers to execute day to day production and project plans.
• Through the Operations Manager lead a team of Project Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to provide manufacturing solutions for new products.
• To lead a group of UK based Manufacturing Engineers to provide early manufacturing support for development projects.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline with at least 15 years of working experience with 5 years being at a Senior Manager level.
• Background in high end consumer goods or electronics manufacture preferable.
• Strong leadership with excellent analytical skills and a good team player.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Individual must be self motivated and the ability to lead and motivate others not in direct line of responsibility.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.