Head of Engineering
Dyson Digital Motor Operations in Philippine is responsible for the manufacturing of Dyson’s digital motors that go into Dyson’s end products. Dyson’s digital motors and the associated technologies are the core elements that are critical to the success of our end products.
With impending expansion and introduction of new products, we are seeking a strong and technically competent candidate to head our engineering function in Philippine and be part of the leadership team to drive innovative technologies and manufacturing processes.
Candidate is expected to play a significant leadership role in Dyson Digital Motor Operations in Philippine.
Dyson Philippine was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, millions was investment in our new Philippine Advance Manufacturing facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans.It’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
The candidate is responsible for leading and driving overall engineering function in support of Dyson’s operational and business plans relative to meeting cost, quality, delivery and new production introduction requirements:
- Provide strong technical leadership in managing Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Equipment and Maintenance Engineering and New Production Introduction.
- Drive Process and Product Management relative to process control, yield improvement, scrap reduction, process optimization and product management.
- Lead Equipment and Maintenance function to provide effective equipment and maintenance support relative to equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, spares management and equipment setup and qualification.
- Manage New Product Introduction with the Research, Design and Development (RDD) team. Ensure effective new product transfer, release to production and volume ramp.
- Work with Research, Design and Development (RDD) team on product/process improvement following new product transfer.
- Manage equipment suppliers relative to project management, equipment service support and equipment supplier management.
- Develop engineering competencies of team to meet engineering, operational and business requirements.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering management experience with core competencies in the area of Process and Product Engineering; Equipment and Maintenance Engineering and New Product Introduction.
- Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Significant engineering experience with high- volume operations in a highly automated, robotic intensive and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated track record of significant engineering accomplishments, particularly in the areas of automation, product/process and maintenance management.
- Multi-national corporations work exposure with strong ability to work with regional and headquarter team for results.
- Strong leadership, drive, execution and problem solving abilities to meet engineering, operational and business goals.
- Strong ability to lead team and influence for results across organization.
- Six-Sigma black belt certification with extensive experience in TPM, Kepner Tregoe and DFM methodologies.