Head of Electronics Hardware
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Malmesbury, UK, United Kingdom
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson have a proven track record in developing and bringing revoluntionary products to the marketplace over the last 20 years. This is an exciting opportunity to bring higher level of technology to future products as we continue to innovate and push the boundaries of technology.
We require an innovative leader who is passionate about technology to lead some of the brightest and best engineers in the most exciting company in the consumer product market.
The Dyson Electronics team is a rapidly expanding part of Dyson product development, aiming to bring in the latest technologies to shape future Dyson products.
You will work very closely with Dyson’s research and new product teams as we collectively define future Dyson products and will have exposure and direct working relationships with leading players in the technology industry and Dyson engineering leadership teams.
You will take responsibility of a hardware architect team and shape Dyson's future from a technological development perspective. Taking products with limited amount of technology and making use of advanced hardware and software technologies to ensure our future products are revolutionary and pioneering.
The Head of Electronics Hardware is a senior technical leadership role that requires vast experience in hardware design, including digital design, system on chip, micro processes, software development and the ability to take sophisticated hardware products through the design cycle to market.
- Minimum BEng., BSc. In electronic engineering, or related discipline
- Vast experience of working in the field of electronics hardware design and architecture
- Deep knowledge of consumer electronics hardware, including the design of mains powered and handheld portable electronics
- Deep understanding of SoC design, including the design of CPU, GPU & display systems hardware
- Understanding of machine learning and the performance trade-offs of competing architectural approaches for machine learning workloads
- A track record of delivering original solutions addressing the complex and sometimes conflicting needs of electronic consumer products
- Ability to analyse trade-offs on possible solutions and articulate arguments from technological, business and strategic perspectives.
- Experience leading small teams of stakeholders through the design process.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values
- Able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure & dynamic environment in an organised manner
- Excellent team working skills You will possess the ability to and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong background in developing sophisticated consumer products
- Proven experience of defining technology roadmaps for advanced products.
- The ability to lead and grow a team of highly skilled Electronic Engineers
- Ability to define and influence future capabilities of products
- Help enable the tech that will enable the smart products.
- Ability to develop and integrate leading edge technology
- Strong knowledge of Microprocessors, Memory interfaces, image processing, displays, communications and Machine learning.
Essential behavioural skills:
- You will have a creative, positive and inquisitive approach to your work
- You will be a logical and tenacious problem solver.
- You’ll be a champion for improvements in software development process and pragmatic in their application to your work
- You will be confident mentoring more junior engineers and providing technical leadership across the team when project work requires it.