£competitive + bonus + pension + free onsite gym + other benefits
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
This is a broad and diverse dual role working alongside the HR Business Partner in our Professional (B2B) function and Head of HR – Europe to provide a wide range of support to managers and employees; with the goal of attracting, retaining and developing great people who are passionate about Dyson.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, you will provide operational administration and project support. You will be an effective communicator and build relationships at all levels to enable the support, advice and challenge of people practices within the business.
Dyson is a technology business that values people above all else. This puts HR at the heart of the business – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Acquisition, Operations and Rewards. The HR Generalist function is the linchpin of all of these departments. We oversee every people-related decision, with unique knowledge of the bigger business and commercial objectives. Which makes us a vital voice in the boardroom at Malmesbury HQ.Today, more and more, our team is spread across the world. Yet we work as one to see Dyson succeed. Driven by the talent and ambition of our people.
You will be -
- Maintaining and developing commercial knowledge of the rapidly changing business environment whilst providing appropriate challenge to the management team to be a key contributor of the business’s decision making process.
- Developing departmental people plans to drive and support delivery of core business objectives, working very closely with managers.
- Working to up-skill the Management capability on all management issues including performance management, absence management, and employee relations issues.
- Providing expert advice in all areas of HR policy and practice, keeping employment law knowledge current
- Relishing the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identifying problems and finding solutions
This is what we’d like you to have-
- Excellent generalist HR experience
- A strong understanding of UK employment law
- Enthusiasm & a drive for results·
- Experience of supporting managers with employee relations issues.
- A high level of focus on the achievement of targeted results
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers
- Degree calibre or equivalent
With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.