Graduate Software Engineer (iOS)
- Consolidate and bolster our ability to react to electronics issues in a timely manner
Resolve problems ands work on continuous improvement as part of our motor drives program for engineering and manufacturing excellence.
- Design document such as design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report, technical review documents and part approval, lessons learned.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Function OverviewIn the future, the way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson software engineers are already transforming the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Scheduling cleans. Reviewing mapping data. Diagnosing technical issues. Our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms. And all cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
• Design and build advanced applications for iOS or Android platform
• Work closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development
• Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
• Work directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
• Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into robust and performance oriented functional solutions
• Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
• Work with the front-end (consumer devices) developers and back-end (cloud web services) developers to build the interface with focus on usability, reliability and performance.
• Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
• Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
• Optimise performance for the apps
• Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
• Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Understanding of other compiled languages
• Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
• Experience of development using web technologies
• Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
• Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C , and Swift
• Good knowledge working with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc)
• Good knowledge with xcode and iOS storyboards,
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and Apple push notifications
• Experience building web and native apps
• Some Experience using social media APIs
• Using version control (e.g. Git)
• Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle• Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile
• Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market
• Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
• A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
• Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
• A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
• Ability to multi task and good time management skills
• Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
• Excellent scoping and estimation skills
• Excellent testing/ QA skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally