Graduate Procurement Executives 2018
£26,500 + £2,000 joining payment - benefits include 27 days holiday + free on-site gym + pension
Global HQ, Malmesbury and International Markets, United Kingdom
Home to our global Research, Design and Development (RDD) centre and all of our Commercial functions, the Dyson HQ campus can be found in secluded countryside that helps keep our secrets secret. Having doubled in size in 2016, the campus is now home to new research and development facilities, a new restaurant (home to an English Electric Lightning jet) and a sports facility catering to all Dyson people. Nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Our building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days there strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
From sourcing high quality materials and finished components with demanding specifications, to managing contracts and suppliers, our procurement team impact the design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business.
Join us as a graduate and you’ll be working within our Global Procurement team on New Product Development (NPD) projects within Dyson’s Research, Design & Development (RDD) headquarters. You’ll gain awareness of project management across our categories from haircare to automotive, leading the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology.
As a graduate you’ll be part of a growing global team that looks after critical high end technologies, working cross-category on projects from start to finish. You’ll be trusted to use your initiative to drive ideas whilst developing an understanding of Dyson and how our global procurement team operates. Some of your responsibilities may include;
- Finding and research new suppliers for brand new technologies to support New Product Development (NPD) and Production
- Ensuring competitive supplier costs and pricing through quoting, cost analysis and negotiation, contributing to the Global Procurement team’s cost savings target
- Contributing to new project sourcing plans with Procurement Project and Category Managers Develop and manage Category sourcing strategies
- Be a part of transforming products by showcasing technology and seeking new technology for engineers
- Managing your own category of suppliers and shape it to support the Dyson Procurement business strategy
Do all this and in return we’ll support you to study for your Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification.