Financial Control Manager
£48,000 - £56,000 + bonus + pension + private medical/dental + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
The Financial Control Manager is a key role within the Financial Centre of Excellence (FCoE). This role is responsible for driving global best practice, safeguarding financials and enabling commercial success. You will be working across various areas of Financial Control, including key focus on Capital Expenditure, Cash/Liquidity reporting, Fixed Assets, Banking and Inventory with management responsibility for a team of eight (two direct reports).
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Harmonising controls, processes, and delivering best practise across FCoE, and wider Global finance teams.
- Accountable for the accuracy and control of FCoE fixed asset lifecycles, including Group and Local accounting standard variations.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting and budgeting regarding Group capital investments.
- Managing business change and driving Global harmonisation of FCoE best practices.
- Owning Global Financial control policies.
- Managing Global Process Framework for the General Ledger accounting areas, including Fixed Asset, Intercompany, Inventory.
- Managing external and internal audit relationships for FCoE.
- Qualified Accountant with strong experience in a similar role
- Experience of managing a team is essential
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Advanced IT skills – Microsoft & SAP
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills.
- Experience managing external stakeholders/relationships