Financial Control Manager
£50,000 - £58,000 + Bonus, Pension, Private Medical/Dental, + 27 days holiday, Free On-Site Gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
The Financial Control Manager is a key role within the Financial Centre of Excellence (FCoE). This role is responsible for driving global best practice, safeguarding financials and enabling commercial success.
You will be working across a broad area of Financial Control, including key responsibilities for Capital Expenditure, Cash/Liquidity Forecasting, Fixed Assets, Banking and Inventory, with management responsibility for a team of eight (two direct reports).
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Accountable for preparation, accuracy and integrity of the monthly UK cash flow forecasts & liquidity reporting.
- Responsible for FCoE fixed asset lifecycles from budgeting through to disposal, including accounting for Group and Local accounting standard variations across UK and Europe.
- Producing global consolidated capital investment packs for Exec reviews on a monthly basis.
- Manage and govern the monthly financial close process, coordinating analytical reviews and ensuring high quality outputs for areas of responsibility.
- Harmonising controls, processes, and delivering best practise across FCoE, and wider Global finance teams.
- Maintaining strong business relationships with key capital project managers to support forecasting and reporting.
- Leading business change initiatives and driving global harmonisation of FCoE best practices.
- Owning Global Financial Control policies, including Process Framework for areas of responsibility.
- Managing external and internal audit relationships for FCoE.
- Supporting the annual financial accounts preparation where required.
- Qualified Accountant, min 4 years PQ
- Line management experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Advanced IT skills – Microsoft & SAP
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills.
- Highly Motivated to achieve results
- Team player
- Experience managing external stakeholders/relationships
- Available for overseas travel if required
- Good knowledge/experience of statutory accounts and standards
- Big 4 or Top 10 Audit Practice experience