Finance Summer Internship
DescriptionAt Dyson, our internships are about getting hands-on from day one. Not getting bored. In fact, our interns often get to share their ideas with our senior leaders and management. Dyson opened its new Singapore Technology Centre earlier this year. In this ambitious, top secret centre, some of the world’s brightest engineering minds continually push the boundaries of science & technology.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Function OverviewOur finance teams work hard to make sure we’re as smart with money as we are with machines. From financial control to commercial decision-making, finance teams play a crucial and varied role at Dyson. Dyson finance teams engineer our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning, to supporting investment in RDD, we help the global business perform as well as our technology. As part of the internship with Dyson’s Commercial Finance team, you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and insight into the supply chain and manufacturing technology that fuels Dyson’s cutting edge products as you work across contract manufacturers and multifunctional teams. You will be part of the team that builds and develops business analytics for Dyson’s cost reduction program and commercial projects, drive improvement and simplification on financial reporting and processes. We’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems and learn on the job at the same time. From day one you’ll work on a ‘real job’ in one of our Finance teams.
Our internships last between 3 – 6 months and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project team where you’ll be supporting the evolution of Dyson technology. As an intern you’ll be learning from industry experts and gaining invaluable exposure to the inner workings of Dyson. Working on live projects from the start, you’ll have the chance to make a real impact. Whatever your discipline and whichever area of RDD or Ops you join we’ll expect you to get hands-on from the start, demonstrating your technical skills and contributing to your team, whilst developing your knowledge of Dyson and our technology. During your internship we’ll support your development to help you understand Dyson and grow into the role. The rest is up to you; the chance to help shape the next generation of Dyson technology and even secure a graduate role upon completion of your studies.
• Lead and support projects to transform Dyson’s product cost and capital savings initiative through analytics and partnership with Commercial Finance, RDD, Operations, Engineering teams;
• Participate in review, implementation and redesign of cost tracking system and processes;
• Design cost reports and support ad-hoc product cost analyses with Commercial and Finance teams to support decision making and help with delivering business impact.
• Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Undergraduates pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering and with strong interest in finance may apply.
• Excited about innovation and strong interest in technology;
• Excellent finance modelling capability and proficient in Excel;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills;
• Inquisitive, proactive and innovative;
• Energetic, engaging and great ‘can-do’ attitude;
• Able to navigate a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.