Finance Placement Year 2018
£17,000 per annum, pro rata - benefits include 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Global HQ, Malmesbury, Wiltshire - South West UK, United Kingdom
Dyson finance teams engineer our financial success. Join us on a 12 month placement and, far from just watching from the sidelines, we’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning. From day one you’ll be thrown into the real world with real responsibility.
On your placement you’ll be thrown into the real world with important, high profile contributions to make. Over the year you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance on your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone – understanding how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes.
Your daily responsibilities will differ depending on the team you join and the variety of business projects mean that no two roles will be the same, but the areas you could experience include:
• Management reporting & analysis: Bringing together the results from around the world to produce the management accounts. Taking ownership of aspects of the month end reporting process as well as improving reporting and responding to requests for information from around the business. You will gain an understanding of financial reporting in a multinational group upon which Dyson Executives base their commercial decisions.
• Statutory reporting: Assist with analytical review for auditors, involvement in year-end accounts preparation and ensuring no misstatements.
• Budgeting and planning: supporting the Group collation from the markets to give the Global view, assisting with loading, resolution issues, reports to present data, integrity and delivery.
• Systems: supporting changes to our systems SAP & Onestream, involving extraction and analysis of large data sets.
• Research, Design & Development: supporting investment decisions in the heart of the Research, Design and Development function and supporting the financial control of our significant cost centres.
If you excel as a placement student there’s the chance to continue your career as one of our Finance Graduates after your studies. So a commitment to learn about Finance, how our business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes is important.
You’ll be an undergraduate seeking a 12- month placement from September 2018 and graduating in 2020 in a relevant analytical degree subject, demonstrating strong numeracy skills.
We hope Placement students will want to be our Graduates of the future. So a commitment to learn about Finance, how our business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes is important.
You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with colleagues so you'll be articulate, quick to build credibility with a professional, have-a-go approach. We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.