Finance Manager – Hub HQ team
Dyson Operations Pte. Ltd. (DOPL) is Dyson’s hub entity for global operations, including product development, manufacturing, procurement and supply chain management. The company operates a research, design and development (RDD) centre of excellence, a high technology manufacturing facility, and houses the global operations executive including the Group CEO.
This is a great opportunity to join us in a key role within the financial control team and be able to make real changes. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will have responsibility for all external reporting requirements, and governance of internal controls and processes. This will require interaction with and coordination of teams across the three Operations sites (the hub HQ, the factory in Jurong and our shared service centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia). Looking ahead this role offers the right person the chance to build an exciting career in a dynamic and growing company.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is the Singapore Advanced Manufacturing centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department. This includes monthly management reporting and annual financials, statutory (SFRS and UK GAAP) and tax reporting for Dyson Operations Pte. Ltd. You will work with the Management Accountants to provide integrated reporting to stakeholders.
- Lead monthly detailed reviews of entity financial statements to ensure accuracy, compliance, and alignment with corporate reporting
- Absolute ownership of financial statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Ensure company corporate governance and management of internal auditing & control
- Legal and company secretarial compliance
- Payroll compliance matters
- Treasury and payments approvals
- Drive cross functional process improvement including, but not limited to, tax reporting, systems utilisation, and internal controls
- A significant portion of your time will be spent working on projects and ad hoc tasks. Many will relate to your core responsibilities, but you will be keen to take on other challenges
- Take ownership of facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks
- You will proactively and continuously improve everything you encounter
- Manage a team of 3 employees
- Qualified accountant with substantial operational and commercial financial reporting experience
- Strong proven technical accounting capabilities (for example Big-4 trained)
- Strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working
- Experienced SAP user
- Singapore statutory and tax knowledge/experience/qualifications
- Great leadership and able to work in matrix fashion
- Able to independently lead initiatives and people to successful outcomes, whether that be through direct reports, peers, and / or business partners
- Naturally drives for results, looks to add value; energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Instinctively lean, looks to improve the control environment and make processes more efficient
- Strong communicator and influencer, both within and outside finance. Able to work with colleagues at different levels including senior management
- Team player. Looking for continuous improvement of people management skills and experience working across multiple locations and functions
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Comfortable working in a changing environment typical of a fast-growing business
- Experience working in Operations hubs
- Familiar with tax and transfer pricing concerns
- Experience working with Business Warehouse & Business Objects
- Technology and/or Manufacturing sector experience