Finance, Graduate Program
DescriptionJoin us as a Finance Graduate and over the course of this three year programme you’ll understand how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes.
Market OverviewOur Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Function OverviewDyson finance teams engineer our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning, to supporting investment in Research, Design and Development, we help the global business perform as well as our technology. As a graduate you’ll be thrown into the real world with broad and varied roles. You will given experience to areas such as financial control, reporting, management accounting and internal audit. All you’ll need is the ambition, skills and ideas to excel.
From day one you’ll work in a ‘real job’ in one of our Finance teams – understanding how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes. Areas you could experience include:
• Research, Design & Development: Supporting investment decisions in the heart of the Research, Design and Development function. Helping to build the financial business cases for our future products and innovations, and supporting the financial control of our significant cost centres.
• Group Reporting: A great opportunity to experience and thoroughly understand how our Group Finance function interacts with our international teams. Here you’d take ownership of key aspects of the month-end reporting cycle as well as providing financial support to central and overseas marketing teams, and assisting with wider business projects.
• Market Reporting & Analysis: Meeting the reporting and analytical demands associated with our markets. At our Global Headquarters we house the Northern Europe market, our distributor market and our European central finance function.
• Financial Control: Working across functional teams driving process improvements, providing management reporting, forecasts and budgets, inventory analysis and reporting, and gaining exposure to intercompany processes and financial controls.
• Commercial Reporting & Analysis: Delivering data and strategy that supports and enables commercial business decision making. Working to support product categories and selling channels, as well as liaising directly with global markets to provide direct support to the Dyson Executive team.