Finance Business Analyst
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Finance business Analyst is part of the back office business analysis team in the IT Delivery function. Business Analysts support across multiple project teams defining process and assuring the design of smart technology solutions to support them. The role’s core responsibility is to liaise with business stakeholders and users to understand change requirements and work together with the SAP technical team to deliver the solution to the business.
Market OverviewThe building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewSpanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support and the front and back office technology that makes Dyson work, it is the nerve centre of Dyson. The team spans many specialities from Technical to Business Analysis and Testing. Crucially, as we look to drive future growth by increasing direct sales, dyson.com becomes our most vital global sales channel. Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability.
Key areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Business processes definition – including Sprint planning and GAP analysis for post go live delivery
• Business change – working with local stakeholders to identify business changes as a result of projects and ensure the changes are fed to the Project Management/ Group Stakeholders network to co-ordinate their delivery through the release
• Interfaces – identify and work with the development stream to specify and develop necessary interfaces, and testing with appropriate 3rd parties or internal teams
• Testing – work with business stakeholders and Test Team to define test scenarios and ensure effective testing for the Finance stream
• Training – write and enhance training material for changes required as a result of enhancing the common template, and deliver training sessions to end users
• Data migration & cutover – work with the I.T. team and GDM team to ensure data changes are understood. Support the data migration & cutover activities
• Continue to improve existing functionality as part of a BAU approach using User stories and Change Definition Documents
• Experience of General Ledger and Management Accounting, ideally with use of software from a leading ERP vendor
• Experience of project delivery / business change within the Finance operational area
• Reviewing business processes
• Identifying areas for improvement
• Create effective test plans to be passed to a test team for completion
• Handover / knowledge transfer / training to business users
• Motivated by improving business processes
• Experience of presenting on a 1:1 basis and to groups
• Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focussed on delivery
• Able to produce creative solutions from basic concepts.
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
• Experience of working using an Agile methodology.
• Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
• Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
• Team player,
• Quick learner and willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
• Thrives on change
• Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
• Attention to detail without losing bigger picture Ability to deliver under pressure
• Appreciation of the role of systems within business operations