Finance Business Analyst
£30,000 - £40,000 + bonus + 27 days holiday + pension + free onsite gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
For a Dyson machine to be successful, it requires rigorous commercial consideration. From the first prototype, to beyond its unboxing. Our strong financial planning and operations are what take Dyson ideas beyond the labs of RDD, onto shelves, and into the homes of our owners across the world.
We now have a new opportunity for a Finance Business Analyst to join our GBI&N team and help in delivering robust and insightful analysis of performance. This will involve working closely with the Market Managers and their teams to identify opportunities to improve delivery of key KPIs.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Function OverviewAs Dyson’s most established market, GB&I&N provides unique challenges to our growth. We thrive on confronting these head on: developing new categories, stronger claims, more targeted marketing and more engaging retail environments to fight off tough competition. It builds great camaraderie and cross-team support – and motivates us to set increasingly ambitious targets.
- Develop and maintain key business intelligence for the GBI&N business and cost centre managers
- Build deep and comprehensive understanding of the key drivers, with a particular focus on Direct and Marketing
- Produce and publish timely and succinct key insights and influence policy decision making
- Develop and drive business analysis through data modelling and data interrogation
- Develop KPIs where appropriate with each Cost Centre manager
Analyse trends, identify cost savings and revenue development opportunities
Analyse return on investment on marketing activities, helping the business understand where to invest to drive the greatest return
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills, conversant with market research and data sources
- Good presentation and persuasive skills
- Very strong Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups
Strong track record of analysis in a business environment
Demonstrable project delivery skills