Calamba, Laguna, Philippines, Philippines
DescriptionThis is an opportunity for experienced Equipment Technician's to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Dyson Philippines was established in 2016 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to production operation in meeting output & quality.
- Provide first level trouble shooting & resolve production stoppages due to equipment issues
- Document& report all line stoppages due to equipment or technical issue.
- Monitor machine output and ensure it meets the standard throughput.
- Replenish production materials where applicable in the respective work stations.
- Perform process control checks where applicable.
- Participate in preventive maintenance& calibration checks for production & measuring equipment as scheduled.
- Participate in line set-up activities.
- Ensure work stations are in excellent 5S housekeeping condition.
- Work with engineers & production in continuous improvement projects
Minimise equipment downtime & ensure production meets target output & yield.
- Execute effective preventive maintenance & production line support.
- Manage efficient spares inventory & cost reduction in maintenance.
- Setting high standards for yourself & fellow colleagues, and consistently strive for different and better
- Flexibility and initiative - You pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told.
- Forward Thinking - You think ahead and foresee issues and solutions.
- Collaborative working - You consistently share your knowledge and findings with others in a clear and accessible way.
- Business Focus - You know what’s important for Dyson. You work well with key individuals and align your efforts with departmental and business priorities.