Electronics Engineer - Hardware
Senai, Johor, Malaysia
James Dyson still defines the spirit of Dyson today. His entrepreneurial edge and tenacity guide our fighting spirit. Still family owned, we’re fiercely independent. Who we are and what we invent is down to us and us alone. And we remain committed to keeping it this way.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
When you invent something, the right technology to support it often doesn’t exist. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled Dyson ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Involved in design and development of electronics solution ( hardware )
- Close collaboration with other relevant team such as manufacturing, Quality, procurement, other team within electronics department for delivery of electronics solution
- Member of a team taking a hands on role and help meet or exceed the requirement of our products
- Able to work independently and should have the ability to plan their own task in order to meet the time plan
- Accountable and responsible for delivery of electronics solution (HW) for the projects
- Take on active role to ensure that all hardware issue are resolved thoroughly and validated through appropriate test methods
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experiences in electronics R&D environment with good understanding of design, development and manufacturing of electronics products
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Electronics field
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.