Electrical Safety Tester
£22000 - £28000 + bonus, 27 days holiday, pension and free onsite gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Responsible for executing all Electrical PAT testing in accordance with Dyson Electrical Safety Testing policy and HSE Guidance and under the guidance of the Compliance Manager, throughout Dyson’s UK sites. This will span a variety of property types and locations, but will focus predominantly on the UK headquarters at Malmesbury.
- Support all RDD Areas as well as Group / GB&I in the provision of PAT testing for all generic electrical items in the 210/240 voltage range to ensure electrical safety is paramount prior to use and on an ongoing basis.
- Undertake lab inspections with the Compliance Manager to ensure safe working practices are being followed and electrical items have current PAT tests.
- Ensure Electrical test equipment used by the team is calibrated and suitable for the task.
- To remain current on regulations for the IEC code of practice covering service inspections and testing of electrical equipment.
- Have a formal qualification in Electrical PAT testing.
- Experience in testing experimental items containing electrical components.
- Ability to apply safe working practices while performing PAT tests.
- Ability to spot electrical safety hazards due to defective casing, construction, malfunction or incorrect wiring
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives where necessary.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise in the electrical testing process in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
- Assertive; prepared to take action where required.
- Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software.
- Willingness to show initiative and desire for self improvement.