Dyson Stylist, Part Time - Saint Louis, MO
Saint Louis, MO, United States
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Dyson US is entering the Beauty category with the launch of our latest technology – the Supersonic Hairdryer. If you love beauty and innovation this role is for you!
We are seeking licensed beauty enthusiasts with a passion for innovative technology to represent our brand as Dyson Experts. As a Dyson Stylist you will specialize in delivering exciting and compelling demonstrations focused on our hair dryer – Supersonic through live demonstration at key events and retailers.
Stylists will be responsible for sharing product knowledge confidently for Hair Care. Stylists are responsible for delivering hands on demonstrations that include styling, building relationships with our customers and assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve specified goals.
Demonstrations are conducted in a variety of retailer locations and events across the United States. This position requires work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekdays, holidays or as business dictates.
Stylists work part-time as members of the Sell-Through team.
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Elevate Dyson brand awareness and sales of Dyson products through in store and event demonstrations
- Desire to provide excellent service and engage with customers
- Conduct professional styling demonstrations in assigned retail stores and events to achieve specified sales goals
- Provide friendly and informed beauty advice
- Build strong relationships with store staff and leaders at our retail locations
- Present a professional image in appearance, words and actions to support beauty demonstrations
- Inspire clients with expertise on beauty trends and product knowledge
- Capture consumers’ attention to participate in high energy, captivating in-store demonstrations and model all aspects of Dyson’s brand, culture, and passion for technology
- Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the benefits and features of Dyson products and actively listening to consumers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably over objections
- Maintain responsibility for all demonstration and other POP material; ensure marketing collateral is properly displayed
- Driven and self-motivated
- Assist with training of new Stylists as needed
- Demonstrate confidence, competence and high standards of personal appearance
Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner with customers, accounts, peers, and District Expert Manager
- Actively monitor Dyson’s online reporting system to contribute quality feedback and report/confirm attendance
- Capture accurate demonstration data and communicate opportunities to District Expert Manager per established guidelines
- Build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel
- Enjoy meeting and interacting with people and demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude
Develop sales and relationships with retailers assigned in specific territory
- Achieve a high level of performance to the sales goals of assigned territory
- Delivery exemplary support and drives sales within the Retail Channel
- Plan, manage and participate in Events as driven by event/launch calendar
- Support Brand Focus Days, events and linear/fixture maintenance
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs., potentially overhead
- Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
- Ability to provide own transportation to various store locations
- High aptitude with electronics and technology
Access to a private computer with the following software:
- Must have computer with Windows 7 or above or Apply Machine with software 10.9x or above.
- Must have Internet Explorer 7.x or above, Firefox 3.x or above, or Safari (Mac)
Cell phone with smart phone capabilities with the following devices and software:
- Minimum iOS 8.0 (iPhone 4S / iPad mini 1 / iPad 2)
- Recommended iOS 10 (iPhone 5 / iPad mini 2 / iPad 4th gen)
- Minimum software 4.0.3/4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (released 2011)
- Recommended software 6.0 Marshmallow / 7.0 Nougat
Experience and Education
· HS Diploma or GED required
· Bachelor Degree a plus
· 1 year experience in a public interfacing role required
· Must be licensed to style hair
· Ability to work weekends, some weekday holidays and as business dictates, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
· High standards of personal appearance.
· Must have a professional demeanor
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity at all times
· Strong communication and presentation skills essential
· Charismatic and outgoing personality
· Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
· Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
· Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
· Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record; reliable transportation, and ability to travel within designated region
· Attuned – Being emotionally smart
· Fighter – Getting the best result
· Architect – Creating the climate for success
Dyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities