Director, Regional GTM Americas
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
San Francisco, CA, United States
Dyson has an ambitious expansion plans, and we can’t afford to slow down in any area of the business. We need to remain innovative, with global consistency and execution at the highest possible quality standards. We are seeking to lift all barriers to rapid growth, and to this end, introducing a range of new Center of Excellence roles within the Americas region. The role of Director of GTM Americas is a role designed to overcome challenges in communication and insight between our UK based Global team and our local market teams, by bridging geographical, time zone and understanding differences. This role will be based in the Regional Center of Excellence Retail Team, working particularly closely with the local Retail Marketing and Category marketing teams, as well as the local Direct retail team. The role will rely on the ability to develop strong relationships with others, act as a business partner for each market, supporting them to deliver outstanding retail experiences that fascinate shoppers through the presentation and demonstration of our machines. Additionally, the role will need to deliver against both quantitative and qualitative objectives, to ensure healthy ROI on all projects.
A high level of travel will be required with this role, both internally, to understand the whole region, and internationally to build understanding of Dyson form a Global point of view. Initially, a 3-6 month period in Malmesbury UK will be required.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionizing the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
Dyson machines are unique, complex pieces of technology that typically cost upwards of 4 times that of the next best machine. As such, selling a Dyson machine is a more involved process that requires a thorough demonstration of the technology, while explaining why it is better than the rest. In order to do this, we have decided that we want to take control of the way we display and demo our machines as much as possible by creating a unique and differentiated shopping experience that provides an ideal platform to demo. At the pinnacle of this shopping experience is our direct retail proposition, which covers multiple formats from Flagship stores in AAA locations to Mall Demo stores in the middle of the aisle of a local shopping center.
This role is strategic and operational, helping the local markets to work within Global strategy, translating this into regional/local market strategic plans that can be easily and efficiently implemented. This role will cover all physical retail distribution, with a particular focus on high profile physical retail touch points, from directly owned and operated stores to Shop in Shops and product demonstration through our experts in the field, under a program that we call ‘Controlled retail’. The main objective of the role is to support the markets in the roll out of amazing retail experiences that showcase and demonstrate Dyson technology to in-store shoppers. Secondary to that, work with the markets to ensure they can maintain excellent standards of presentation, across all retail fixtures, in all points of distribution, at all times while also listening to feedback on common issue areas.
The Director of Regional GTM Americas will feed locally provided insight into global strategy and support the markets to translate global strategy into local markets plans across the main areas of:
- Retail fixture program and at-fixture comms requirements
- Visual merchandising and product presentation
- Product demonstration
Operationally, the Director of Regional GTM Americas and will support the markets in the following areas:
- Adapting global retail design concepts to be implemented at local market level
- Work with the markets to develop their retail fixture plans and activities, rolling up into a regional roll out program
- Adapt and cascade the global demonstration program into local markets
- Localise and cascade group retail guidelines for demonstration, visual merchandising and in-store display
- Be the mouthpiece for all regional markets, understanding their retail landscape, business objectives and challenges from the local teams
- Work with markets to build their third party retail rollout plans, ensuring that this fits with the global retail strategy
- Gather feedback and insights from the local teams, to be fed up into global strategy and concept creative
Specific Tasks & Duties:
The Director of Regional GTM Americas will work to deliver the following:
- Work with the markets to create retail fixture briefs that are consistent with other market needs and the global strategy, to be fed through to the group retail marketing team
- Remain in constant contact with the markets to ensure constant and transparent flow of communication between group and market
- Coordinate and consolidate market needs through to the group retail team
- Ensure that local market needs are understood and considered within the group retail creative process
- Track the progress of market briefs, ensuring that the group retail team is delivering against market’s critical timelines
- Assist in training and development of the local teams, during the rollout of new retail concepts in market, ensuring excellence in execution at all times
- Work with the markets to build fixture maintenance programs
- Ensure that the local market demonstration program is fully supported with the right tools and assets
- Build out regional direct retail marketing calendars, working with group and each local market to ensure that all strategic and tactical needs are considered and covered.
- Support the market, as a brand guardian in your region, ensuring that all executions are launched and maintained to Dyson standards
- Help train and develop local market teams to ensure that they are fully immersed in the Dyson DNA
- Track the implementation of retail concepts, demos and visual merchandising standards in all markets
Critical to success:
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with the markets and global teams, and influence both ways
- Work in a collaborative style within a matrix organisation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to bring others along on the journey with you
- Deep understanding of what it is to ‘be Dyson’ and ability to transport this to others
- Comfortable working at pace, in relative ambiguity and dealing with regular change
- Minimum of 10 years of experience retail required
- Demonstrates integrity in all their decisions and actions
- Proven ability to adapt style to suit all markets
- Strong influencing skills / building relationships
- Creative and innovative – able to think differently
- Proven ability to hit deadlines
- Proven ability to simplify the complex
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Have a passion for developing individuals
- Has an ability to shape long term plans into short term tactical steps
- Proven ability in working with Senior Stakeholders
- Use of logic in decision making and proven ability to think long term
- Consistently does the right thing
- Background in design and/or architecture
- Passionate about delivering perfect brand and product experiences