Direct Retail Training Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
San Francisco, CA, United States
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship, local Flagship and boutique stores where the Store Manager and their team will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners. We are looking for creativity, a free thinker, and someone who knows how to use their retail space to educate and excite people about technology and our machines.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was the market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. Just west of the city in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 160 people. In total, there are over 600 Dyson people working in multiple functions across the U.S.
Dyson US is still growing and is poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead, but our battle-hungry U.S. team are truly fired up!
Always evolving, always challenging, our Sales teams are the connection between Dyson and the fast-paced world of retail. Across our global markets, we partner all the key players – online and on the high street. Plus, recently our first Dyson store was launched, with many more to come. It gives us a new benchmark for Dyson retail standards – elevating the brand and inspiring new ways to put Dyson technology into people's homes.
We are seeking a Direct Retail Training Manager to develop, execute, and continuously improve a comprehensive training program to support the launch of our Direct Retail Stores in the Americas.
The Training Manager will participate in the design of training programs and tools, assist in the publication and implementation of materials, and will leverage follow up analysis to measure the effectiveness of programs and overall business impact.
The Training Manager will use progressive means including live training and facilitation, e-learning, and other mediums to ensure the quality of training for all retail employees.
The Training Manager will be responsible for finding unique ways to engage, excite, and inspire our retail employees through new hire induction and continuous training initiatives.
The location of this role is preferably based in San Francisco, CA.
Develop and execute a comprehensive training program for the initial launch of Direct Retail
- Facilitate live training for all Direct Retail store openings in the Americas
- Create and manage written training plans for all retail employees for their continuous learning and development
- Provide support for all post-opening new hire inductions
Spend time in stores building relationships with employees and actively engaging customers to learn how to continuously improve our comprehensive training program
- Lead by example in the field
- Build business partnerships with Store Managers & all retail employees
Continuously find new ways to deliver a best in class customer experience that drives store performance
- Responsible for the effectiveness of all training initiatives including the impact it has on the overall business
Ensure all training programs align with our global curriculum and national training approach
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with our global and national training team
Fulfilll other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
- Travel 75% of time
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in training and development
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience training field sales team strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with all presentation formats: small or large group, customer facing, and virtual
- Organized with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint