Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL, United States
We are looking for a Digital Designer to deliver creative for the Digital Direct team that supports our ongoing projects and propositions for our direct and controlled digital channels within the US market. You’ll work within the US Graphics and partner with creatives to design memorable experiences that engage all audiences at any point in their journey across our Direct and controlled digital channels. You’ll work on digital propositions that connect our brand and products with our customers, communicating our mantra of first / better / only, setting us apart from the competition.
The ‘Direct and Digital Team’ is a new addition to the existing core teams that make up the ‘Dyson Experience Group’. Its central role is to drive our Direct propositions across our owned digital channels, define our presence in controlled and 3rd party environments as well as optimize content through market specific insights, testing and exploration of new digital innovations to enhance our user experiences.
- Partner with Product Owners, the UK Creative Team and Digital IT to support the creative execution of our direct value propositions and enhancements online.
- Work closely with the US Brand Team to creatively understand market insights, identify key problem areas in our digital journeys, design and iterate creatively brilliant tests to optimize content, campaign effectiveness and user engagement.
- Contribute to the creative execution of the digital experience for all consumers journeys across our third-party retailer and marketplace sites.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the design digital experiences.
- Ensure delivery is in line with our UX Principles and Brand guidelines to maintain the standard and consistency we expect.
- Ensure all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand & design guidelines.
- Work with other creatives to brainstorm and share ideas.
- Demonstrate creative thinking that takes already established strategies and translates them into dynamic digital creative executions.
- Work with dedicated digital developers to ensure the execution of final design and interactions into build are understood and pixel perfect across all digital platforms.
- Confidently present your work with clarity to relevant stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of the digital landscape – explore ideas of advancements in technology and design, trends in social and connected products etc.
- Continuous development and honing of the technical abilities relevant to the role.
- Work with the wider US category teams to explore new technologies and innovations to enhance base functionality that enable us to better hero our latest technology and deliver relevant and engaging experiences for our consumers.
- Ensure that your work is consistent with the wider digital creative agenda, deadlines are met and that all work is on-brand and on-brief.
- Work on additional activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role and/or under the US Graphics Team
- 1-3 years’ experience of working as part of a wider team to deliver digital journeys, all of which is demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work for leading or interesting brands.
- Experience designing responsive digital content that works across different devices (mobile, tablets, apps), as well as a good understanding of which platform works best for any given requirement.
- Big picture thinker with an understanding of how digital creative connects to other media channels and forms a joined-up, compelling customer experience.
- Eye for detail, composition and typography matter as much to you as they would a print designer.
- Understanding of information architecture, with the ability to demonstrate user interface design skills.
- Basic programming and development skills are an advantage in informing the work produced and facilitating the transition from design to build.
- Excited by all things art and design, taking inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilizing found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support thinking and add weight to ideas.
- Active contributor in group brainstorms who is comfortable expressing ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design, Bachelor of Design, or Bachelor of Science in Design is desired.