Digital Account Manager, Marketplaces
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL, United States
Drive commerce by growing Dyson’s presence on 3rd party marketplaces, developing integrated customer experiences using best in class digital strategies and merchandising to generate sell out velocity.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
- Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop strategic plans for marketplaces, and products to achieve the agreed plan
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with accounts or team
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
- Monitor marketplace sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers, current and new.
- Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners and emerging businesses
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers and channels; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
- Execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts and various programs with customers
- Develop new customers and business channels as needed
Contribute to the US Digital team.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in evolving the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- 5+ years experience account sales and account management
- Experience working with 3rd party marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Newegg, Rakuten, Jet) preferred
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, ecommerce, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel