Data Specialist - Market Quality UK
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe Global Quality team is looking for a data specialist in to join our UK team – a highly motivated individual who will help define data requirements and build/deliver reporting solutions alongside ad-hoc analysis. The data revealed will lead to an improved understanding of our consumers and products – in turn driving multiple continuous improvement programs across safety, reliability and customer satisfaction.
Dyson OverviewThings move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewDyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. One area which requires this focus is product service. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets (a Region), focused specifically on Customer Service environments. The insight function within a market will run product and App trials and use all local data sources to categorise customer’s views on Dyson/competitor products.
You will access a variety of data sources (i.e. CRM systems, Consumer Reviews, Back Office data etc.), to understand the quality of our data – for completeness and accuracy. They will also highlight what other data sources need to be tackled. Beyond data the person will need to have the ability to form a strong, active partnership with the leadership team (up to MD level) and other functions within the Asia business – Commercial, Engineers, Customer Support etc.
- Work alongside the central data team to help define and build data repositories using multiple local/regional data sources.
- Develop and maintain a process for measuring/managing data quality issues - including issue reporting & tracking/driving resolution.
- Support a local insight (Voice of Customer) resource – have an active awareness of broadening data landscape and assess any new arising sources of customer satisfaction which may be of benefit; inform centralised Insights team and manage data gathering as/where appropriate
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Develop Quality reporting capability at regional level - work closely with managers to develop and maintain the reporting required managing the performance of their area.
- Provide actionable insight from data sets and add value to the commercial process by delivering both strategic and tactical quantitative analysis work.
- Use reporting techniques to tell a data story and deep dive on specific areas for further insight as needed.
- Development of reporting capabilities, from gathering of requirements to deployment of reports.
- Experience with visualisation tools (from advance Excel VBA to Tableau, Qlik…)
- MS SQL Server
- Confident with the techniques of analysis in large data sets, e.g. extrapolation and forecasting techniques, statistical analysis (hypothesis testing, regression).
- Ability to handle large data sets and familiarity with the IT tools to do this, e.g. SQL
- Flexible and able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good communication skills, experience translating technical goals and concepts into non-tech speak.
- Independence, ability to work with high level requirements and translate them into detailed specifications.
- Degree qualified in a numbers based subject (Physics, Maths, Statistics, Chemistry, Engineering)