Customer Logistics Manager
$Competitive + bonus + super
Taren Point, Sydney, Australia
At Dyson we think like engineers and we excite people with our technology, rather than giving them a sales pitch. We solve people’s problems. It’s a place where failure is encouraged if it means making something work better. Dyson Australia is growing rapidly and we’re looking for more fearless people who want to go against the grain and try a different approach.
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
Australia was Dyson’s first export market outside Europe. Today, the top nine best-selling vacuums are Dyson and we regularly win design and customer satisfaction awards. Recently, with the growth of new categories, Dyson also became Australia’s number one small domestic appliance brand.
But new territories, categories and challenges await. And to embrace these, Dyson Australia has expanded across three new sites across Sydney. Our HQ is in the regenerated Woolstores in Alexandria, reflecting our industrial heritage – a modern space that will help us bring Dyson technology to life for retailers and the media.
At Dyson, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate advocates of the brand, and our employees aim to make every experience rewarding for our customers. For that reason, we are looking for a Customer Logistics Manager to join our Supply Chain & Logistics team, responsible for ensuring Dyson’s delivery service level to our e-commerce customers and strategic retail partners is best in class. In this newly created role, you will act as the voice of the customer and liaise between the customer and Dyson supply chain, planning and executing transport initiatives to enable outstanding customer outcomes.
Reporting into the Head of Supply Chain you will:
- Build strong relationships with e-commerce and retail customers at all levels and understand their challenges as they relate to transport and distribution of Dyson products
- Maintain a strong focus on continually improving customer satisfaction, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, while minimising costs
- Plan, direct and monitor transport distribution activities and performance with providers on both a strategic and operational level
- Develop and implement new transport and distribution processes
- Continually identify areas for improvement, managing projects and championing change both internally and with external partners
This role will require some travel to meet with e-commerce and retail customers, and will work from both our Taren Point and Alexandria offices.
If you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – this role could be for you. It will require strong relationship building skills, the ability to ask good questions, persistence and a passion for driving change.
To be successful you will require:
- Demonstrated experience working in logistics ideally within consumer goods or retail
- Previous experience leading projects and change management
- Exposure to managing 3PL transport providers
- Technical knowledge of e-commerce platforms (e.g. eBay)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Dyson Australia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus and product discounts. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.