Starting salary is based on experience and credentials
Chicago, United States
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Commercial Center of Excellence for the Americas. As a key member of this team, the Content Strategist will develop our strategy for delivering content (created by the CoE, Global and third parties) to our audience across all platforms—with a focus on constant experimentation and thoughtful recalibration based on findings. The role requires strong analytical skills, excellent communication between teams, and an interest in the technology, innovation, and editorial worlds. A successful Strategist will smartly analyze digital performance and devise a future roadmap in accordance.
The Content Strategist will understand the critical role that content plays within the company - and be able to communicate this to stakeholders across the business. He/she will work closely with consumer insights, content makers, writers, analytics experts, category marketing teams to ensure that projects are executed efficiently and deliver the desired results.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
Dyson is building a regional content team to bring to life the global approach to communication at the regional level. The content created within the regions will data-driven, user-centric, always-on and relatable to consumers across the Americas – US, Canada and Mexico. We need a content strategist to help bring together all content sources to develop strategies to implement the right message to the right person at the right time, which will build and contribute to our customers’ Dyson Experience.
- Develop and manage a deep editorial calendar of content for various marketing channels and forms, e.g. blogs, articles, emails, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Understand Dyson’s values and our ‘engineering first’ ethos, so that any content recommendation will help to build the Dyson image and experience.
- Evaluate third party content resources to determine how content can feed the Dyson-owned editorial calendar.
- Review all content sources and formalize strategic recommendations and gaps in content and author briefs for new content utilizing consumer insights and learnings.
- Guide creative content teams on developing the right type of communication for each digital and social channel.
- Work with internal resources and team to develop approach for social listening and responsive content.
- Partner with analytics team to evaluate content and content marketing campaigns to measure performance and determine success.
- Stay on top of the latest content marketing best practices and become an internal evangelist.
You know that quality content is at the heart of every successful marketing strategy. You believe in the power of storytelling to engage audiences, change perceptions, and create customer demand. You thrive at guiding the content creation process, from idea to delivery.
- Fully understand Digital and Digital Content with ability to distinguish the good content from the noise.
- 8-10 years in a content management role (marketing, editorial, or communications)
- Approach growth like an entrepreneur - this role will have freedom to innovate and create a new path for creative content marketing
- Proactive, problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of best practices for content audits and editorial calendars
- Basic understanding content metrics/KPIs and ability to work with data analyst on developing KPI and measuring success.
- Be able to listen to multiple viewpoints – prioritize, distill requirements to form strong briefs to produce large volumes of copy, imagery, video and animation assets.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer.