Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL, United States
As a Producer at Dyson you'll be a gatekeeper for our busy Content team. You’ll be working closely with creatives to produce video, imagery, design work and copy for Dyson’s digital content channels within the Americas region. You’ll guide content creation projects through from brief to delivery through detailed scoping, resourcing, planning and sign-off processes.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
Dyson is building a regional content team to bring to life the global approach to communication at the regional level. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Commercial Center of Excellence for the Americas. The content created within the regions will data-driven, user-centric, always-on and relatable to consumers across the Americas – US, Canada and Mexico. Dyson is seeking a Content Producer to contribute to the company’s digital content marketing activities.
- Own the production process for the Content team – scheduling work, booking resource, organizing film/imagery shoots, overseeing post-production and making sure delivery is on time
- Take briefs from any area of the business, plan and successfully oversee delivery of digital, film and image brief assets created by the Content team
- Build relationships with brief owners in Dyson global and local market teams and updating them on work in progress
- Learn a thorough working knowledge of all Dyson systems, review processes and production processes
- Work with markets to ensure they are following the Group commercial delivery process, including adherence to correct briefing documentation and asset production timelines
- Ensure that work progresses from brief through ideation, shooting and post-production to be delivered on time and on budget
- Ensure all members of the team are regularly updated on the status of their projects
- Has a good eye for detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of the briefs coming into the team, are exact
- To manage the accounts system, raising all PO’s for any outsourced or freelance resource
- Responsible for ensuring that all estimates are presented and approved before work commences
- Ensures that any invoices are issued quickly and correctly
- Identification of potential suppliers and 3rd parties for specific in market content development, working with the regional Creative Director
- 10+ years experience with proven track record of production- ideally within a digital media, creative agency, film, and video or television production environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of digital & social platforms and environments
- Experience of managing video/imagery production processes including shoots and post-production
- Strong organization and communication skills - comfortable planning and managing multiple jobs at any one time, prioritizing tasks and workloads
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to solve problems and keep a level head in a pressured environment where proactivity is essential
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer.