Contact Center Operations Manager, Americas
Aurora, IL, United States
The Contact Center Operations Manager, Americas is responsible for driving the overall operations of the contact center, fostering an environment of service excellence across all CX channels, including voice, e-mail, chat, SMS, web reviews, and social care.
1.(Global business – number of people, countries, offices, machines sold, expansion, bigger, better)
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
2.(JD story – one man and an idea, where it all began, still leads the business today, family owned)
Not many global technology companies can say they’re still led by the founder. But we can. The same man who invented the first bagless vacuum, who persevered for 15 years to sell his idea, then took on Hoover when they stole it. And the same man who, as our Chief Engineer, has personally overseen every Dyson invention since.
James Dyson still defines the spirit of Dyson today. His entrepreneurial edge and tenacity guide our fighting spirit. Still family owned, we’re fiercely independent. Who we are and what we invent is down to us, and us alone. And we remain committed to keeping it this way.
3.(Multiple categories – from vacuums to global technology business, the new product categories we’ve entered, our own motor, four categories to come by 2020)
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor.
Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years, the next few are set to be our busiest yet. 3,000 new people. 100 new machines. And four brand new product categories by 2020. So get ready for the next big thing.
4. (Problem solvers – our approach to engineering, we see problems and engineer better solutions, transplanting technologies for new purposes)
Why put up with vacuum bags that diminish suction? Why labour drying hands with slow, energy-hungry machines? Why should fans use blades or lightbulbs fail so fast? There’s always a better way. And at Dyson, our mission is to find it. Solving old problems with new thinking, to invent machines that work better.
But innovation isn’t easy. Our engineers experiment relentlessly, persevere through failure, and search for answers in unlikely places. And, to put the technology they invent into our owners’ hands, Dyson commercial people do exactly the same. Defying convention. From source, to shop.
Dyson moved US customer care operations from Chicago to a dedicated $1.5 million contact centre in nearby Aurora during 2012. The 14,000 sq. ft building provides an acoustically engineered open-plan environment, including space for our 250 Dyson experts to disassemble machines while on support calls.
Deliver an exceptional customer experience at all touch points.
- Ensure contact center team members are properly supported and informed of needed information to best conduct day-to-day tasks as well as special projects.
- Translate customer experience intent into specific success measures.
- Develop measurement capabilities: customer survey analyses, text analytics, third-party analysis, etc.
- Identify key loyalty and satisfaction drivers.
- Ensure the contact center is utilized to its fullest extent across departments in support of all business and interdepartmental objectives.
- Ensure all escalations are resolved in a manner that restores customer faith without burdening the business.
Lead site consisting of 150 - 250 Customer Experience Specialists and 5 - 7 Customer Experience Supervisors.
- Identify development areas for each supervisor and ensure they have a meaningful development plan in place.
- Engage in regular 1 on 1 discussions with each supervisor to review their developmental opportunities and successes; discuss potential solutions and coach and advise as necessary.
- Conduct regular meetings with supervisors to ensure they are identifying obstacles and offering solutions and best practices.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and practices are communicated, monitored, and enforced uniformly amongst all supervisors and their teams.
- Ensure supervisors and other team members are responding to customer and employee concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in the department’s recruitment activities to ensure Dyson hires the best talent available.
Support growth of Direct to Consumer, including sales contribution and related service components.
- Partner with Operations Manager, Direct Order Support to proactively engage all consumers impacted by warehouse delays or OOS inventory.
- Work closely with Sales Optimization Manager for alignment of sales targets and build plans to achieve results.
- Present analyses of weekly performance vs. targets with key actions to drive optimization.
- Ensure all teams and employees sell with integrity and uphold pricing policy standards.
Drive all strategic and operational activities through to successful completion.
- Provide the Director of Contact Center & Digital Support with detailed data analysis and resource models to ensure the contact center organizational structure meets the changing business environment
- Ensure that short term and long term resourcing needs are met; create contingency plans to minimize any negative impact to the day-to-day productivity and effectiveness of the contact center
- Build weekly analyses of performance vs. targets for presentation to wider team and market stakeholders.
- Drive talent management activities at all levels of the contact center team
- Oversee the design, development, delivery, and implementation of effective operational and training policies, procedure, materials and programs to ensure support of all contact center-defined performance metrics.
- Consistently manage departmental costs to drive favourable financial results for profitable operation.
- Identify change initiatives to support successful productivity levels and quality customer service.
- Support and guide the supervisory team in promptly and thoroughly implementing and communicating all business and operational changes
- Review continually the department’s training and assessment materials; support and guide the training Supervisors in the development or re-design of programs and materials to ensure they are best aligned to support achievement of contact center-defined performance metrics and over-all employee development
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and/or increase productivity; oversee the implementation of resulting policies, procedures and practices
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing; identify problems and find solutions
- Per request by manager, create trending analysis and other various reports
Experience and Education
· Proven engaging leader with a successful track record of delivering service excellence through developing people at both exempt and non-exempt levels.
· 4-8 years of experience in a customer service or sales position and experience managing an in-bound call center is required.
· 2-4 years of experience managing digital service channels including live chat, email, social care.
•Experience in strategic planning leading to service excellence required.
•Expert people developer with an emphasis on leading vs. managing.
•Experience managing a P & L required.
•BA or BS degree required.
•Master’s degree or MBA a plus
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
· High level of customer service excellence required.
· Strong written and verbal communication history including the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to suit the audience.
· Proven success in analytical and conceptual thinking situations including solid financial management experience.
· Proven ability to motivate, inspire, and lead a growing team in an ever-changing business environment.
· Proven ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally to achieve business objectives.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed, which may include evening and weekend support.
· In-depth knowledge of customer relationship management software and call management systems required; SAAS, Avaya, SAP, Siebel, etc.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication abilities a plus.
Intermediate-level user of the following MS Office programs required: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
· Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
· Attuned – Being emotionally smart
· Fighter – Getting the best result
· Architect – Creating the climate for success
· Shrewd – Making the right decisions
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities