Commercial Finance Manager - New Product Launches
Competitive Salary + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
As Commercial Finance Manager, you will be responsible for co-ordinating all aspects of finance to ensure successful launch of new products across markets in 2018 and future launches beyond.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewOur Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Responsible for co-ordinating all aspects of finance to ensure successful launch of new products across markets in 2018 and future launches beyond that
o Line up volumes, capacity, costs, supply plans ahead of launch
o Taking inputs from Commercial Finance, Operational Finance, Market Finance, Commercial and RDD teams to consolidated this in one place
- Track performance vs. plan of new product launches and feedback learning to teams across Dyson
- Part of launch programme group – working in a collaborative way with Category Finance, Operations Finance, Market Finance, RDD, Commercial, market, supply chain, operations and other teams around the world to ensure successful product launch
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships across the Dyson business
- Experience working in analytical roles in a cross-functional collaborative environment
- Strong academics - Minimum 2.1 degree in a numerically-orientated discipline
- Exposure to a wide range of geographic regions and understanding of the economic, social and cultural differences between them
- Experience in effective management of senior stakeholder relationships
- Collaborative team player
- Organised and structured in their approach to work
- Ability to derive strategic insights from data
- Ability to understand and articulate the big picture whilst having sufficient attention to detail to ensure that a consistently high quality of output and insight is produced
- Drive for results
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed by the role