Graduate (Commercial Finance)
Our finance teams work hard to make sure we’re as smart with money as we are with machines. From financial control to commercial decision-making, finance teams play a crucial and varied role at Dyson. Dyson finance teams engineer our financial success. From commercial forecasting and planning, to supporting investment in RDD, we help the global business perform as well as our technology. We’ll expect you to get hands-on and solve problems from the off, contributing as well as learning.
From day one you’ll work in a ‘real job’ in the Commercial Finance team. As a graduate, you’ll be thrown into the Dyson world with a crucial role to play.
The Commercial Finance team is a great place to gain knowledge into the supply chain and manufacturing technology that fuels Dyson’s cutting edge products as you work across contract manufacturers and multifunctional teams to analyse cost trends, drive improvement and simplification on financial reporting and processes. Here, you will also have the opportunity to manage cost forecasts, use your analytical skills to support the team’s drive on cost reduction activities and take ownership of ad hoc commercial and strategic projects.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, the role will have responsibility for the analysis of data; challenging of the data, and reporting of the direct and non-direct product cost spend included in Dyson’s Cost of Sales.
Key areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving the analyse and report on cost saving movements of Dyson products
- Understanding cost trends across product models and support business in identifying cost saving opportunities
- Supporting the wider Commercial Finance team to drive and enable focus on cost reduction activities through analysis
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The goal of this graduate is to work with operation team (manufacturing, supply chain, procurement etc.) and support them in the various initiatives implementation such as : Paperless technology, Intelligent equipment, Horizontal integration, Supply chain data transparency etc…
As a graduate, you will have exposure to multiple projects and multiple teams and be able to truly understand the inner workings of a global manufacturing/technology company.
- Lead and support projects to transform Dyson’s product cost and capital savings initiative through analytics and partnership with Commercial Finance, RDD, Operations, Engineering teams;
- Participate in review, implementation and redesign of cost tracking system and processes;
- Design cost reports and support ad-hoc product cost analyses with Commercial and Finance teams to support business in identifying cost saving opportunities and decision
- Conduct and prepare any Contract Manufacturers related ad hoc reviews and analysis
- Prepare product related analysis data pack for use by SEA Exec Team
- Involved in annual budgeting process for product cost
- Involved and take ownership of ad hoc commercial, strategic projects
- May be required to work out of the Senai office for 1 day a week, or as often as the business needs requires.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance. Undergraduates pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering and with strong interest in finance may apply.
- Excited about innovation and strong interest in technology;
- Excellent finance modelling capability and proficient in Excel;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills;
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative;
- Thrives on change;
- Quick learner;
- Self-motivated, independent, dynamic and results-driven;
- Energetic, engaging and great ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Able to navigate a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment;
- Good spoken and written English.