£Competitive plus 27 days holiday, bonus, pension
Bristol or Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Market OverviewIn 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2017 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you.
Connected products is a growing area for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space. You’ll be working to create a world-class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside other engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
AccountabilitiesYou will be working alongside a team of like-minded engineers in Dyson’s rapidly expanding IoT platform engineering group. You will be responsible for building world-class technology employing the latest continuous delivery and DevOps practices to deliver the next generation of connected apps and systems.
- Experience writing in C#, Node.Js, Java or Python
- Knowledge of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure, or Docker-based container management systems
- Adept at writing tests for your own code, especially unit tests.
- Experience working with distributed version control systems
- Able to turn concept ideas into concrete tasks and code
- Keen to take your programming skills to the next level in our fast-moving team
- Proud to write clean, understandable code
- Experience of finding & solving bugs and seeing the fixes through to production
- Ability to work in cross-platform environments (Windows, Linux, macOS)
In this role you will take charge of certain features, ensuring that anything you write is easily adopted by other team members if required. You'll naturally think critically and help your colleagues with code reviews. And finally, you'll adopt an “open-source” approach where possible – great docs, clear code, innovation and a community spirit are key.