Central Zone Sales Director
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Chicago, IL, United States
The Central Zone Director is part of Dyson US Sales Organization and is responsible for the Dyson customer experience and sales performance. This role influences and designs strategy in partnership with the Head of Sell Out and National Sales teams to optimize sell through with retail partners as well as direct-to-consumer locations. Building strong relationships with a broad range of retailers at the Regional level within the zone to influence results is a critical function of this role.
This individual will recruit, develop and manage a team of Regional Sales Managers and an extended sales and demonstration team.
This individual coordinates extensively with other businesses and functions within the zone and company, including Finance, Planning and Analysis, Marketing, and National Accounts. The Zone Director is responsible for forecasting, P&L, staffing, development, and communication in order to help the Zone meet and exceed its goals.
Coordinate development and implementation of annual business plan for all retailers and direct channels within the geographic Zone. Business plan should be measured, reviewed, updated and communicated quarterly and should include the following:
- Gross Margin and trading profit
- Unit sales objectives (quarterly/semi-annual/annual)
- Updated retailer, demo zone and consumer profiles
- New product sales objectives
- Retail/direct mix objectives
- Activity plan (by quarter) on sales activities to meet and exceed budgeted sales &profitability
Partner with Sales and Marketing to provide recommendations on programs, strategies, policies and procedures based on market data, competitor activities, and the needs of our customers.
Regularly communicate and cascade information into the Zone, including any changes to sales and distribution, new programs, sales performance metrics, etc.
Regularly provide business updates to functional stakeholders and Leadership in US and UK offices
- Use knowledge of local zone to influence strategy and execution of plans
- Communicate plans to internal stakeholders and gain buy-in for implementation.
Partner with internal business functions to lead, build, and execute plans of the sales team.
- Manage accountability of team members to internal functions – National Accounts, Marketing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Finance, Logistics and Sales Order Processing
Create a culture to support team development. Inspire, lead, motivate and coach the team through regular feedback, 1:1s, and career conversations.
- Manage processes to ensure that the Zone team is as effective as possible to meet business objectives.
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate solutions.
Fulfill other duties as required.
- Embrace change to meet demanding business needs
- Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
- Identify gaps and opportunities and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of field sales experience required
- 5+ years of people management experience required
- Experience managing large teams remotely
- Local market experience required
- Prior experience leading a successful remote team strongly preferred
- Strong leadership skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to think strategically, develop long-term plans for the business, and then drive plans from conception through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, manage competing priorities, and influence business strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and leading change efforts
- Strong analytical capability including ownership of a P&L and sales data (internal and external)
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and contract negotiation experience
- Organizational skills for self and team
- Ability to work efficiently and contribute at a high level while working remotely
- High proficiency level in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and