Up to £55,000 + Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionOn a global basis, direct and lead strategy, planning and execution of allocated procurement sub-categories to deliver competitive advantage for Dyson through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation. The role will support the Senior Category Manager in creation of the category strategy, owning all elements within their respective sub-categories.
With specific category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers including the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings. The role will develop influential relationships across markets and business units including ownership of both the procurement and PSL compliance.
Market OverviewDyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different.
We’re growing – fast. Our ambition is huge. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways to work in more new markets and bright new categories.
Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone. But if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
Function OverviewThe procurement team is expanding to keep up with our ambition. This has created new roles for Category Managers across all the procurement categories – Marketing, IT, Property, Professional Services and Head Office. These roles are ‘greenfield’ so are there for you to shape.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a category with a global remit. We are looking for people who can create impact and will thrive within a dynamic environment. We are implementing the very latest procurement technology to help us deliver our goals.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
AccountabilitiesThere are 5 principle areas that our Category Managers will need to demonstrate effectiveness in:
- Impact on Business
- Customers / Stakeholders
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Management of Risk
- Develop and continually review robust, forward looking global category plans based on business needs taking into account regional and national differences.
- Influence the businesses through strong stakeholder and relationship management.
- Role model the Dyson Behaviours appropriate to both individual and the role both leading self and leading others; ingenious, explorer, fighter and shrewd.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Know how to be at your best and what motivates you. Inspire others, providing energy and engagement
- Provide clear direction in the creation and execution of category plans
- Bring drive, energy and pace to category activity.
- A reputation for delivery that quickly earns credibility but also has clear strategic direction.
SkillsThese are essential qualities:
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply with clear route to advancement towards MCIPS, Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence middle to senior level stakeholders.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges.
- Takes action to simplify complexity.
- Recognised expertise in the specific category applicable to the role
- Evidence of managing a sub-category through the whole life cycle, from strategy creation through procurement to supplier management.
- Commercially astute and with a strong eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to influence decision making.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and a team-player.
- Self-aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- A driven self-starter; who has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. ? Preparedness to travel as necessary/appropriate in the performance of duties.
- Project management experience.
- Working knowledge of contract law.
- Skilled or capable of being skilled in all sourcing process disciplines.
- Working knowledge of multiple categories / commodities.
- Good understanding e-procurement processes and systems.
- Good numeracy & analytical skills.
- Experience of working in operational areas within categories or supply base.