Demonstration Program Manager
$ competitive compensation
Reporting to the National Field Sales Director, you will lead a large team of contract part-time, in-store product experts across Canada, by developing and implementing an extensive demonstration program for Dyson products.
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 5,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cordless stick vacuum powered by our Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve introduced purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing technology that is both different and better. But inventive thinking and revolutionary engineering are just the beginning – a big part of our success is due to the work we do in the retail stores, showing consumers what makes our products special, and inspiring them to purchase our products.
- Mobilize and lead a field-based demonstration program that drives consumer conversion and brand building through in-store demonstrations and activities
- Effectively recruit, train, engage and motivate a national team of product demonstrators, making sure they stay connected with Dyson and build great relationships with retail employees they interact with
- Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with 3rd party agencies as well as retailers in order to maximize the potential of Dyson’s in-store programs
- Develop ROI measures and regularly report progress to leadership and the broader organization
- Partner with Retails Accounts and Marketing teams to ensure strategy alignment and goals achievement
- Take initiative to think creatively to identify opportunities for improvement and find solutions to any problems that arise
A highly motivated, dynamic, and enthusiastic professional who –
- Has a university degree and can demonstrate prior experience driving a growing retail activation/demonstration program with successful results
- Brings prior experience managing and motivating remotely located teams
- Is an analytical thinker who is able to effectively manage a program P&L
- Is engaging, strategic, and able to build strong business relationships with multiple stakeholders, including 3rd party partners
- Works well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and matrix environment
- Manages time exceptionally well, is able to balance and execute multiple priorities
- Has high attention to detail and accuracy, and excellent organizational skills
- Is available to travel nationally up to 25% of the time, including some evenings and weekends
- Has a full driver’s license with good driving record
- Is able to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs.