RDD Business Process Coordinator
The Business Process Coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring that our product development and wider product lifecycle management business processes are documented, understood and up-to-date. The Business Process Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting identification of opportunities to drive change in current business processes in order to reduce cost, improve efficiency, and improve effectiveness.
The Business Process Coordinator will work closely with the Process Owners, Optimisation Leads, Business Process Analysts, and end users. The role includes responsibilities related to process improvement, documentation management, process governance, training and user support
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Process Owners & Business Process Analyst Support:
Supporting the Process Owners in setting and communicating the vision for their process areas (ensuring it meets global and cross-functional requirements)
Supporting the Process Owners & Business Process Analyst in identifying and assessing process areas for improvement in RDD
Supporting the coordination, development and running of process design workshops/activities
Coordinating and supporting deployment activities for any process and/or system changes
Leading smaller scale improvement activities
Identifying requirements for documentation updates
Supporting the generation and uploading of new content onto Knowledge Central
Reviewing documentation to drive a consistently high quality in order to meet end user needs and provide an appropriate level of detail
Facilitating the update of related deliverables for respective product development processes
Supporting the Business Intelligence team with KPI development to monitor performance of our product development processes
Auditing process adherence and tracking documentation usage to identify any areas for improvement
Tracking benefits and providing post-deployment support to assist with process adoption
User Support & Training:
Working closely with Technical Training to identify requirements for new and/or updated process related training material
Assisting Technical Training and Business Process Analysts with development of process related training material where appropriate, and assisting with delivery to limited audiences
Answering queries and providing guidance to end users on process related matters to ensure smooth ‘Business as usual’ support.
- Diploma /Degree in any Engineering field
- Engineering background with experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding and experience of product development business processes
- Good attention to detail and ability to deliver under pressure
- Strong project management, planning and time management skills
- Interest in how business works and desire to improve our performance
- Excellent communication skills both (written and verbal)
- Quick learner that thrives on change
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Team player, comfortable dealing with all business levels and external suppliers
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Good experience and practice of IT applications (Ms Office, Visio etc.)
- Experience in writing and managing process documentation, ideally with ISO 9001experience
- Experience of implementing and managing process adherence without constraining progress in a dynamic environment
- Experience, knowledge and technical understanding of the process area(s) that they will be supporting
- Sensitive to and experienced in cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide
- Understanding of Siemens Teamcenter PLM system.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.