£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
DescriptionThe BA is a member of the Business Analysis Chapter within the Group IT Deliver function. Business Analysts support across multiple Guilds and Tribes (functional areas and projects) defining process and assuring the design of smart technology solutions in support of Dyson’s strategic objectives. This role is expected to deliver world class business analysis. The role’s core responsibility is to liaise with business stakeholders and users to understand change requirements and work together with our technical teams to deliver the best solution possible to the business.
Market OverviewWe are innovative, ground-breaking and revolutionary. With a range of brand new products in development and continued investment in our people and our infrastructure, That innovative and dynamic approach applies to every aspect of our systems and processes: how we work together, how we deliver projects, how we move into new sectors and territories and how we anticipate opportunities and challenges.
Function OverviewSpanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support and the front and back office technology that makes Dyson work, it is the nerve centre of Dyson. The team spans many specialities from Technical to Business Analysis and Testing. Crucially, as we look to drive future growth by increasing direct sales, dyson.com becomes our most vital global sales channel. Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability.
Accountabilities• Business processes definition – including Sprint planning and GAP analysis for post go live delivery
• Business change – working with local stakeholders to identify business changes as a result of projects and ensure the changes are fed to the Project Management/ Group Stakeholders network to co-ordinate their delivery through the release
• Interfaces – identify and work with the development stream to specify and develop necessary interfaces, and testing with appropriate 3rd parties or internal teams
• Testing – work with business stakeholders and Test Team to define test scenarios and ensure effective testing
• Training – write and enhance training material for changes required
• Support the data migration & cutover activities
• Continue to improve existing functionality as part of a BAU approach using User stories and Change Definition Documents
Skills• Experience of project delivery / business change in support of business units
• Reviewing business processes and motivated by improving those business processes
• Identifying areas for system improvement
• Working with an IT team to turn business requirements into system specifications
• Create effective test plans to be passed to a test team for completion
• Handover / knowledge transfer / training to business users
• Process focus and detail orientated
• Strong written skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
• Experience of presenting on a 1:1 basis and to groups
• Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focussed on delivery