Business Analyst Insights & Analytics
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
Chicago, United States
As Dyson works to provide consumers with a best in class retail experience, the Business Analyst will partner Product Marketing and Sales to provide in depth performance analytics. This role will help develop analytics to measure success of historical retail investments and drive future investment decisions. Placed within the Strategy and Analytics team, this role will allow analytical creativity to shine.
Assist with in store demonstration and premium fixture analytics
- Partner with sales to help optimize Demonstration scheduling Incentive target forecasting
- Performance and lift analysis
Own Retailer Spatial Analysis
- Utilize geospatial software as a means to visualize data effectively
- Utilize geospatial software to analyse geographical demographical data
- Develop and present actionable insight based on demographical trends discovered
Assist with retailer ranking data collection and modeling
- Mining new data to be included in ranking analysis
- Refresh model with new sales and demographic data
- Summarize and present findings to Retailer Marketing and Sales teams
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
· Minimum 3 years experience in a highly analytical role
· Bachelor's degree required
· Working knowledge of statistics
· Experience with geo spatial software
· Familiarity with statistical programming languages (R / Python)
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Advanced MS Excel skills required
· Ability to clearly communicate and present statistical analysis along with data visualization
· Familiarity with Hadoop (HIVE) preferred
· Retail industry experience preferred
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.