Senior/Prinipal Electronics Systems Engineer
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
An experienced systems engineer with experience of electronics or software is required to work on a brand new project within Dyson.
Market OverviewHome to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Requirement Development and Maintenance from Stakeholders Level to Subsystem Level and manage the traceability
- Promote Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) for the project
- Support Design and Solution Reviews to ensure Design proposals take into account existing Constraints
- FMEA Development and Reviews
- Coordination with all other disciplines (research, product design, mechanical design, UX/UI)
- Modelling and analysis of the product and sub systems using SysML modelling tools
- Writing system test procedures to verify product level requirements
- Functional Safety Analysis
- Support Trade Studies and Identification and Assessment of the Risks
- Support or carry out the technical evaluation of suppliers and contactors.
- Support Verification and Validation
- Support Decomposition of the system requirements into hardware and software requirements
- Support technical gate reviews
- Support process development
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast pacing environments with a Can Do attitude (no challenge is too difficult)
- Hands on
- Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
Degree level qualification in an Electronic/Software Engineering Discipline.
- Ideally 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Good communication and motivation skills.
- Working experience with SysML modelling tools.
- Model Based System Engineering knowledge
- Work experience on Requirements development/management
- FMEA experience, (experience on Functional Safety Analysis is a plus)