Assistant Store Manager - Yorkdale
Dyson makes machines. People make Dyson. Come join us.
World Class Training
Employee Machine Purchase Program
In partnership with your Store Manager, you will be responsible for creating experiences that defy convention. Your love for leading others, technology, and design means you will know each Dyson product inside and out and will be the first to learn, share, and inspire your team’s passion for innovation.
As part of the store leadership team, you will ensure a balance between People, Operations, and Social Engagement. Your role will play an integral part in building team capability through training and development, fostering a strong coaching culture. You will leverage your business acumen to create and execute actionable plans to manage controllables, while driving key metrics. You must be an enthusiastic champion for the reputation inside and outside Dyson, committed to establishing an iconic experience.
Dyson Canada opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people selling vacuums, fans, heaters, air purifiers, hand dryers and now hair dryers coast to coast. We think big, pushing into uncharted territory and strategizing new category expansions for the coming years.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers, and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionizing the world of Beauty with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. We have huge growth plans for our Direct Retail portfolio which include Global Flagship, Local Flagship, and boutique stores where the Store Manager and their team will be responsible for creating a seamless and consistent Dyson Experience to capture the hearts and minds of our owners. We are looking for creativity, a free thinker, and someone who knows how to use their retail space to educate and excite people about technology and our machines.
Function OverviewOur Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We drive innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and takes ownership and courage. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
- Support Expert and Stylist on-boarding, launches, and on-going learning by establishing strategy for execution of training materials
- Create a culture of consistent feedback through in-the-moment coaching, performance conversations, and follow
- Invest in team development by identifying and addressing opportunities for growth
- Support daily operations and customer experience through scheduling and payroll controls
- Develop strategy from business analytics to achieve sales and experience expectations
- Support customer experience and sales by accurately managing inventory and supply levels
- Ensure compliance of all operating policies and procedures
- Implement strategy for upholding Dyson visual standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction throughout the Dyson experience, leveraging available data to measure performance and affect change
- Drive in-store engagement by scheduling and building team mastery of Expert Workshops
- Build Dyson reputation through flawless execution of community events
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a customer-facing, retail setting required
- 2+ years of retail management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience required
- Experience in leading sales and operations in a retail store required
- Experience managing a
P & L strongly preferred
- Experience working with or in a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player, driven by creating an innovative customer experience – directly and through a strong team
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and lead a growing team in an ever-changing business environment
- Dynamic, driven, energetic, engaging; ability to think analytically and drive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all audiences and levels of leadership
- Strong organizational skills, able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays if needed
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 30lbs