£25,000 - £32,000 per annum + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
An opportunity has been created for a finance professional to assist in driving the global harmonisation of all month end processes and reporting. This will include working with the Finance Manager to identify opportunities for optimisation and alignment of our financial control teams.
Reporting to the Finance Manager this role provides an opportunity to be responsible for key areas of month end and management reporting for European Markets, and a great chance to be part of a progressive and expanding team.
Market OverviewThe building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Function OverviewOur Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
Manage the preparation of month end reporting to required timetables
- Month end close process and prepare management accounts in adherence to the Group timetable
- Preparation of management packs and KPI reports for review
- Business Partner the market Finance team to optimise key month end processes and add value to reporting.
- Assist with harmonisation and standardisation of the month end processes across a number of markets
Ensure compliance to financial controls to ensure integrity over month end reports
- Work with the financial team and contacts in the markets to ensure integrity of financial data and ensure compliance to internal controls
- Provision of accurate and timely cost centre management information and variance analysis
- Ensure that all reporting is reconciled to the underlying systems and completion of relevant balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure that all journals are appropriately supported and reviewed and that all postings are in line with Group accounting policies
Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACA)
Degree level education or equivalent
Management Accounting background preferred
Technical ability in reporting systems (SAP, Business Warehouse, OneStream knowledge would be strongly beneficial)
Organised self-starter with strong ability to prioritise