£ Competitive + 6% bonus, 27 days holiday and free onsite gym
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Dyson is looking for a middle-weight Artworker to join a small in-house design and production team servicing creative output for Europe, Russia and Distributor markets. The Art worker will report directly to the Lead Creative, working alongside a Production Manager and other art-workers within Creative Services, to deliver artwork for final output across creative and production-only briefs. The Artworker role will divide time between production and creative responsibilities, ensuring solutions are to the highest possible standards and within brand guidelines.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Producing accurate final artwork
Produce accurate repro artwork files to the specification and timescales defined.
Working under the supervision of the Lead Creative, to produce repro artwork for multi-project production - demonstrating the ability to deliver artwork across traditional print/2D formats, through to 3D/large format.
Collect files for output (checking file content, color calibration and repro separations).
Produce certified PDF content for the supply of repro-ready artwork to media and vendors; supporting the Project Manager in the transfer of final artwork files to FTP sites.
Contribute to solving technical issues that may occur during a job.
Maintain consistent working style within brand guidelines.
Complete work within the timelines agreed, adhering to the schedules developed for Production.
Contribute to production quality control process
- Operate a GMG proofing system, ensuring accurate colour calibration.
- Work with the Lead Creative to ensure rigour in our quality control and maintain constant communication regarding projects.
Take responsibility for mechanicals and signing off files for quality and accuracy of artwork produced.
- Work with the Global team to ensure we are being efficient with the production of projects.
3. Develop technical knowledge
Develop skill base and technical knowledge of system software used on a day-to-day basis.
Attend training courses as required and be committed to ‘on the job’ learning.
Build Dyson product knowledge to obtain full understanding of our commercial product categories
Build Dyson brand knowledge to become a guardian of the brand, both in terms of the artwork
we supply and files returned for proofing via vendors/media.
Gain knowledge of the Censhare Asset Management system and PDF workflows for sign off on artwork.
4. Support the EU Creative Hub
Support the Lead Creative and Production Manager through contributing to seamless service
delivery of final creative outputs.
Work closely with NPD Creative(s) and Channel teams to translate scamps into print-ready files.
Support the Project Manager by delivering ‘production only’ artwork to specification.
Contribute to the Hub status report on a weekly basis.
Update and alert team of timing during status meetings.
Help facilitate the routing and sign off of all projects in accordance to the timeline.
Fulfil other duties as required
Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
Providing creative cover and brand insights in the absence of the Lead Creative.
Assist with graphic production including but not limited to, building mock-ups, uploading images
to FTP sites and publications, digital communications, as well as set-up for internal and
external events when necessary.
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in a design related field required.
· Proven relevant experience.
· Pre-press and printing process experience.
· MAC OS, MS Office and Acrobat proficiency
· Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
· Basic to intermediate skills in Flash and HTML 5
· Experience of working on
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to drive projects
· Ability to prioritise in the face of many immediate demands.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
· Problem solver
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
· Vigilant editing skills.
· Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
· Team player.
· Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.