Administration Assistant - Receptionsist
Alexandria, Sydney, Australia
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve people’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines which keep their homes clean.
As a company, Dyson is a strong market leader. Dyson is not just #1 fastest growing vacuum cleaner company in Australia, it is also the #1 small domestic appliance brand in Australia. Further, with cutting edge product innovation across personal care, fans, humidifiers, purifiers and vacuums, Dyson is now expanding out of small domestic appliances and competing within the top 10 leading consumer durable products in Australia (this includes mobile phones), where Dyson is the fastest growing.
With quality engineering, Dyson’s reputation in the Australian market is also very strong. Dyson is rated Readers Digest most trusted brand in Australia in 2016 (across all categories).
Market OverviewDyson is Australia’s number one small domestic appliance brand. The top nine best-selling vacuums in Australia in 2015 were all Dyson machines. But our ambitious team won’t stop until they’re just as successful in other categories too. Their new Sydney HQ in the Woolstores, Alexandria, reflect Dyson’s industrial heritage and provide a dynamic and buzzing place to work.
Function OverviewSupport Services provide administration and coordination support to key personelle in the business, along with supporting the employees of Dyson. The function also looks after Property Management and Reception cover.
- Reception cover 8.30am – 5.30 pm
- Point of contact at reception
- Courier ordering and Australia Post mailing
- Parking request coordination
- General office announcements regading to deliveries ie. Fruit box, coffee van, events in the area that effect all staff
- Support the PA’s with administration when needed
- Assist with travel coordination when required
- Assist with international visitor coordination when required
- Catering for whole office events
- Cleaning and tidying of the office: meeting rooms, dishwasher, kitchen, fridge clean
- Local building maintenance management when the Property Manager is unavailable
- Offer support to the broader Service Support team when needed
- Previous experience in a Administration/ Reception role
- Intermediate level of skill in Mircrosoft Office suite
- Previous experience in a coordination role
- High interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to be autonomus