Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Chicago, IL, United States
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
- Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop strategic plans for the direct business across multiple platforms with products within the Dyson portfolio to achieve the agreed plan
- Forecast at the product level on an annual and weekly basis in line with Integrated Business Planning guidelines
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans, including but not limited to consistent interaction with Senior Management
- Monitor sales; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers across a variety of cross functional areas. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
- Accountable for all business processes related to the position, for example finance, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
- Comprehensive knowledge of the all Direct Sales Channels; ability to communicate direct sales knowledge, serving as the voice of the direct team internally when called upon
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Sales team.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
- Special projects as assigned by National Account Manager or Head of E-Commerce
Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- 2-4 years’ experience sales, account management, or sales forecasting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Demonstrated the ability to work with the appropriate internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels and products
- Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment
- Excellent ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.